新湖南湖南日报新媒体

打开
Fancier Stalls | 路边小摊也不错
新湖南 • top news
2021-01-28 10:39:59

点击查看连载专题

Dialogue 情景对话


One night, James and Jerry decided to have some night snacks, so they came to the Taiping Street near the hotel. The moment they arrived, they noticed a long waiting line in front of a smelly store.

一天晚上,詹姆斯和杰瑞决定吃点儿宵夜。他们来到了离酒店不远的太平老街。一走进老街,他们就发现了一家门前排着长队的小店,小店散发着一股奇怪的味道。

James: Is this the very famous stinky tofu? It seems really popular! Let’s have a look.

詹姆斯:这就是很有名的臭豆腐吗?这家人气很高啊,我们去看看。

Jerry: It’s indeed stinky ... I wonder whether it tastes stinky.

杰瑞:臭豆腐闻起来果然很臭啊!不知道吃起来臭不臭?

Shop assistant: The stinky tofu is made of the fermented tofu and the production process is very complicated. It smells stinky, but the taste will definitely surprise you.

店员:这种臭豆腐是由豆腐发酵而来的,制作工艺十分复杂。它闻起来臭,但口感绝对惊艳哦。

James: We have to try this!

詹姆斯:我们一定得试试这个!

Shop assistant: In fact, stinky tofu is more nutritious than cheese!

店员:其实,臭豆腐比奶酪还要有营养哦!

Jerry: Let’s have two!

杰瑞:我们要两份吧!

Having finished two bowls of stinky tofu, James and Jerry still felt unsatisfied, so they decided to get something else to eat. Their eyes were caught by a rice noodle restaurant.

吃完了两份臭豆腐,詹姆斯和杰瑞还觉得意犹未尽,于是打算再看看还有没有别的吃的。他们发现了一家粉馆。

Jerry: James, do you remember the rice noodles we had in the hotel? Do you want to try this one?

杰瑞:詹姆斯,你还记得在酒店吃的米粉吗?我们要不要尝尝这家的?

James: Of course! It’s so good! Let’s try this.

詹姆斯:当然记得!米粉真的太好吃了,那就尝尝这家的吧。

Xiaoli(waiter): Welcome! What would you like to have?

小李(服务员):欢迎光临!来点儿什么粉?

Jerry (pointing at the Chinese character “ 码 ”): What does this mean? There seem to be many kinds of it.

杰瑞(指着菜单上的“码”字):这个字是什么意思?它好像有很多种类啊。

Xiaoli: It means the ingredients and sauce that go with the rice noodles.

You can have extra ones according to your own tastes. What kind of  “Ma” would you like?

小李:“码”指的是盖在粉上的配料,你们可以按照自己的口味加菜。你们要什么码子?

James: I’ll have the beef with brown sauce.

詹姆斯:那我就要红烧牛肉。

Jerry: Black fungus and julienne pork will do.

杰瑞:我要木耳肉丝吧。

Xiaoli: What kind of noodles would you like, the round one or the flat one?

小李:要圆粉还是扁粉?

James: I’d like to try the flat one.

詹姆斯:我尝尝扁的吧。

Jerry: I’ll have the round one.

杰瑞:那我要圆的。

Xiaoli: OK. Please wait for a minute.

小李:好的,请稍等。

1月12日晚,湘江长沙城区段,临江楼宇外墙的LED光源呈现出一幅幅动态的主体图案。湖南日报·新湖南客户端记者 田超 摄

重点词汇

fermented [fəˈmentɪd] adj. 发酵的,酿造的

complicated [ˈkɒmplɪkeɪtɪd] adj. 复杂的

nutritious [njuːˈtrɪʃəs] adj. 有营养的

ingredient [ɪnˈɡriːdɪənt] n. 配料

beef with brown sauce 红烧牛肉

black fungus 黑木耳

julienne pork 猪肉丝

责编:田梦瑶

来源:张春敏